Holy week is looming in the air and we are past few more days before the observance of lenten season. For Filipinos this is also a time of reflection for the passion of Christ as you may see a lot of “Penitensya” on the street- these are reenactments of the last moments of Jesus. Filipinos are very religious at this time of the year and ofcourse superstitious. Filipinos believe that in Good Friday nobody should take a shower or yet nobody should be injured as this may spell a difficulty of healing any wounds in the body, the same way as Christ’s wounds. But enough about those. This is not a horror story about this week’s special (though I wish because I love telling stories about that too), but instead it is about what to do or where to go in the Philippines this Holy week.
If you would like to acquire accomodations; I encourage you, my readers, to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide you a quotation within the next 24 hours. Even if it’s not on SEASON, still let me know, we could schedule it for you anywhere and anytime.
Lists for Places to Visit are:
- Boracay Beach – white beach, foreigners, night life…and “Paraw” sailing!
- Puerto Galera – calm seas, adventures, and calzones for dinner (yum!)
- Romblon – Just a relaxing provine to go with beach and nice people.
- Baguio – Summer capital baby! cool in temperature and relaxing.
- Tagaytay – Same as Baguio, but cheaper and with BULALO.
- Pagudpud – white beach for adventure seeking friends and families.
- Batangas – Beach or Pool Resort or BOTH, still good for the money.
- Vigan – Antique places and houses from precolonial era with Beach.
- La Union -Beach/surfing with a call of the waves feel. Quite rocky but good.
- Bolinao – Hundred Islands is nearby and so pack the whole family too!
- Baler – WAVES, WAVES, WAVES, and more WAVES. So get the surfs up.
- Cebu – travel is usually long, but night life is a must over this nice place!
- Manaoag – For the miraculous Mary of mercy. For Religious people.
- Corregidor – Good place to know the history of WWII.
- Bohol – Chocolate hills, adventures, and long drives!
So far those are at the top one’s on my head. But whatever you decide to go to, just remember to be careful and enjoy. For students who are reading this, guys, be careful because you know in the Philippines, you are “graduating”. (There’s superstition on that too)